NET Gadgeteer Core includes the core libraries and templates for Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer. This is a prerequisite for end users to build and deploy .NET Gadgeteer projects. For module developers, it includes a Module Template that makes it very quick and easy to build .NET Gadgeteer software libraries for new hardware modules.
This installer puts the .NET Gadgeteer core library (gadgeteer.dll) in the NETMF 4.1 Assembly Folders (so it can be referenced from a NETMF project via "Add Reference"). It also puts two project templates into the New Project dialog in Visual Studio/Visual C# Express under the Gadgeteer tab - a Blank Template with a generic .NET Gadgeteer application, and the Module Template which includes instructions for implementing the "device driver" library required for modules to work with .NET Gadgeteer - this template auto-builds MSI installers for modules which can be distributed to end users.
The ".NET Gadgeteer Builder Templates" release is for hardware vendors who are building mainboards or kits comprising multiple modules/mainboards. This adds two additional project templates to help make mainboard installers and kit installers.
The .NET Gadgeteer Core does NOT include libraries for specific hardware modules/mainboards, so by itself this installer does not allow users to use .NET Gadgeteer hardware.
If you are a prospective module or mainboard builder you should also look at the Module Builder's Guide, which includes the full specifications for what it means to be ".NET Gadgeteer compatible" and other helpful examples and guidelines, and feel free to get in touch at email@example.com.
Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer Core
Version 2.41.200 19 August 2011
Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 or Microsoft Windows XP SP3
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (any edition) http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/
Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express http://www.microsoft.com/express/downloads/
Microsoft .NET Micro Framework v4.1 QFE1 SDK
Version 2.41.200, 19 August 2011
MAJOR CHANGES (API changes)
- GadgeteerCore now checks that NETMF is installed when installing
- Module template MSIs now check that GadgeteerCore is installed when installing
- Module template - lots of inline documentation updates
- GTI.Serial now reserves pins 6 and 7 if hardware handshaking is supported by the module.
- Gadgeteer.Module and Gadgeter.Program expose a Mainboard property enabling modules and advanced end users to directly use this API.
- NetworkModule HTTP/Web support needs further testing.
- VC# Express installation fails if VS is also installed and VS and VC# do not share the same directory root
i.e. if VC# Express is installed under where VS is, e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\ then it works OK.