The .NET Gadgeteer Core installer includes the core libraries and end user project templates for Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer. This is a prerequisite for end users to build and deploy .NET Gadgeteer projects. It includes a project template wizard in the New Project dialog in Visual Studio 2012 or 2010 (or express versions) under the Gadgeteer tab - ".NET Gadgeteer Application". This template uses a graphical designer built for Visual Studio which allows end users to visually configure .NET Gadgeteer hardware builds and then write the software logic for that hardware in C# or Visual Basic.
The .NET Gadgeteer Builder Templates installer is for hardware vendors who are building modules, mainboards or kits comprising multiple modules/mainboards. This adds additional project templates for modules, mainboards and kits. Each template includes instructions on how to use it, and automatically builds an MSI installer which can be distributed to end users.
If you are a prospective module or mainboard builder you should also look at the Module Builder's Guide and Mainboard Builder's Guide, which includes the full specifications for what it means to be ".NET Gadgeteer compatible" and other helpful examples and guidelines.
Neither installer includes libraries for specific hardware modules/mainboards, so by themselves these installers do not enable users to use .NET Gadgeteer hardware. Hardware manufacturers should release installers (based on the templates above) for their hardware.
Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer Core
Version 2.43.900 28 February 2014
Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 (any edition) http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/
OR Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop http://www.microsoft.com/express/downloads/
- Microsoft Windows 8 or Windows 7
- Microsoft .NET Micro Framework SDK 4.3 (QFE1) http://netmf.codeplex.com/releases/view/118283
(supports .NET Gadgeteer devices compatible with NETMF 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (any edition)
OR Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express http://www.microsoft.com/express/downloads/
OR Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express http://www.microsoft.com/express/downloads/
- Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP SP3
- EITHER Microsoft .NET Micro Framework SDK 4.2 (RTM QFE2) http://netmf.codeplex.com/downloads/get/470705
(supports .NET Gadgeteer devices compatible with NETMF 4.1 or 4.2)
OR Microsoft .NET Micro Framework SDK 4.1 http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8515
(supports .NET Gadgeteer devices compatible with NETMF 4.1 only)
Version 2.43.900, 28 February 2014
- NETMF 4.3.1 (NETMF 4.3 QFE1) support
- 4.3/4.2/4.1 NetworkModule UseDHCP race condition (issue)
- 4.3/4.2/4.1 NetworkModule DHCP thread is GC candidate bugfix
- 4.3/4.2 NETMF StringBuilder bug workaround (issue)
- 4.3/4.2 Serial linereceived buffer bugfix
- 4.2 Serial duplicate linereceived event registration bugfix (issue)
- 4.2 SPI CS pin reservation bugfix (issue)
- 4.3 NativeAnalogOutput constructor bugfix (issue)
- 4.3 SimpleGraphics redraw area calculation bugfixes
- 4.3 SimpleGraphics DisplayEllipse API brought inline with DisplayRectangle
- 4.3/4.2 Daisylink didnt reference AssemblyInfoGlobal.cs (versions were incorrect)
- Various XMLdoc fixes