Visual Studio Gadgeteer .NET Core Toolbox is Empty with VS2012 and VS2013 side by side

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I have a machine runnning Windows 8.1 and have Visual Studio 2013 ( for other developments I neeed ) and Visual Studio 2012 for Gadgeteer and NETMF developments.

The option to create Gadgeteer projects only appears in VS2012 wich is correct but once created the designer is empy.

Also noticed that when installing Gadgeteer Core on the step where it says Configuring Visual Studio in the process list what actually is running is VS 2013, is the setupo getting confused with .NET versions?

Do I have to install everything with VS2012 only and then install VS 2013? :S That's creepy, I would have to setup all my development environment again :|.

Thanks in advance
Paulo Ferro
Mar 20, 2014 at 1:16 AM

You might try to 'configure Visual Studio' yourself (the correct one in case this is the problem). Start a command line as administrator, navigate to the VS folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE) and run devenv /setup. This takes a while. After it ends, try to run VS if it helped.