SPI Missing Gadgeeteer 4.2

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Hello, trying to get an SPI module working on the Gadgeteer 4.2 but its says that SPI is missing from Gadgeteer.Interfaces. Looking quickly through the source code I can see the SPI.cs file is missing from the Gadgeteer42 project. Is this deliberate or has it been forgotten?

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Found the possible resolution. You need to add a new referance and add the Gadgeteer.SPI referance to the project :o)

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:05 PM

That doesn't sound like the intended behavior.  What version of GadgeteerCore are you running?  If you don't know offhand, the version number can be found in Add/Remove Programs.

-- K

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM

The version according to Add/Remove programs is 2.42.600.0 :o)

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Hi Paul,

Actually, are you using an installed module that plugs into an "S" socket or are you programming directly to the Gadgeteer SPI interface?  If the latter, this is because we refactored GadgeteerCore in 2.42.600 so that programs only deploy the components they use.  This helps Gadgeteer programs run on lower memory mainboards. 

If you're using a "S" module from the designer, the module should pull in the necessary references for you.  If you've run into a module which doesn't pull in the necessary references, let me know which one.

-- K

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Ah I see. I am making my own module using the SPI interface. By adding the referance to Gadgeteer.SPI it all seems to be working now so its no longer a problem. Will let you know if there are any issues with doing it this way :o)

thanks for your help :o)